Hand Bell Choir Director
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, salaried
SALARY: $1,700-1,800/year depending on qualifications.
SUMMARY: Provide leadership for the hand bell choir, and prepare and conduct performances at worship services and special occasions.
Musical experience of conducting, instrumental understanding so as to be able to teach others, and experience playing in a hand bell choir are preferred.
- Run regularly scheduled rehearsals.
- Choose, organize, and assign bells for the music to be played.
- Teach new members to play hand bells.
- Recruit new hand bell choir members to fill vacant spots as needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with worship music staff to determine dates for playing in worship service.
- Purchase new music and equipment for use by the hand bell choir if necessary.
- Teach and supervise polishing hand bells by the group as needed.
SUPERVISION: The Hand Bell Choir Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor/Director.
Please send resume, references, and a cover letter addressing your experience to: email@example.com or
Wesley Foundation at the University of Illinois
att’n: Handbell Choir Search Committee
1203 W. Green St.
Urbana, IL 61801